Good afternoon Hawkeyes! I hope you all have a chance to view Mrs. Ring’s video to all of you on our Facebook page. You are missed dearly and we can’t wait to have you back in school!
- We are working hard as a staff to provide you with one location in which to find updates to COVID-19, teacher communication, enrichment activities, and food opportunities during our time away from school. We should have the site up and running by Monday. More information to come!
- We have been asked about prom, Child Fair, the play and other school related activities that were planned during the four-week time period we are out of school. All of these activities are currently postponed until further notice. As soon as we have information that will allow us to reschedule, we will do so and communicate the information at that time.
- We have completed the necessary applications to be able to provide breakfast and lunch to our families during our unexpected time off. As long as we are approved, we plan to have breakfast and lunch available for our students to pick up starting Monday. Our plan is to have a site location in each of the following towns: Mondamin, Modale, Little Sioux, Pisgah and Moorhead. We will advertise specific locations and times, upon approval from the state. As we get closer to Monday, we will also be sending out a form for you to fill out if your child(ren) plan to participate. While walk-ins are welcome, we are asking for weekly sign-ups to ensure we will have enough food to feed those wishing to participate in our free meal program. Parents, be sure to review the following rules we must follow to participate in this program:
- ALL CHILDREN 18 and under qualify for a free meal.
- Due to government guidelines, children must be present during pick-up. The number of meals given during pickup must equal the number of children present.
- Meals will be available starting March 23rd, as long as we receive approval by that date.
- Please maintain a 6-foot separation from other patrons while you are waiting to receive your meal.
- Upon receipt of meals, we request all patrons leave the premises immediately in order to help us limit the potential for exposure.
We understand this is a difficult time for families. As this is new territory for us all, the following website, https://cdc.gov, has some great information about how to talk to your children about the COVID-19 virus, what to do to prevent illness and what to do if you feel ill. Feel free to reach out to us should you have any further questions.
Julie Trepa, Superintendent